We are committed to maintaining your privacy. We are registered as a data controller for the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“DPA”).
We reserve the right to amend these Terms from time to time. The Terms were most recently updated on 26 October 2016.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
During your use of the Sites (including for browsing and purchasing), your registration and use of the Palm Beach Boutique Account, your interaction on the Social Media and when you purchase Items from the Sites, Stores and Third Party Platforms and, when you participate in any promotions on or linked to the Sites, Stores, Third Party Platforms and/or on the Social Media we may collect and process the following information about you:
Information you give us.
- We ask for your name, date of birth, telephone number, home address, delivery address, email address and credit card and other payment details when you purchase Items from the Sites. We will also ask for this information when you register a Palm Beach Boutique Account. We may ask for your details when you purchase or return Items from our Stores such as your name, email address, postal address and signature. We will generate an order number which will be linked to your details when you place an order on the Sites (“Order”).
- You may also give us information about you when you fill in forms on the Sites or at Stores, or on Third Party Platforms or when you correspond with us on the Social Media for example when you register to subscribe to our newsletters and emails, when you enter into our prize draws, competitions and other promotions, when you complete forms to receive particular offers or when you participate in our Social Media activities or surveys. In such circumstances you may provide additional information about you such as your photograph and other images and identifying information, your interests and hobbies, details of your Social Media accounts, posts and preferences;
- You may also give us information about you when you submit reviews, profiles, images, videos, instructions, comments, feedback, ideas, suggestions or other information or materials via the Sites or the Social Media, whether relating to our Sites, Stores, Third Party Platform, products, promotions or other matters upon which you wish to comment ("Contributions").
- You must ensure in all instances that the information you provide is personal to you and no one else (for example you must only provide an email address that only accessible by you and not any other person. You should not use another person’s email address or a generic email address such as PALMBEACHBOUTIQUE.COM). You must also ensure that the information you provide is accurate and up to date. By providing information about you to us you warrant that the information you provide is personal to you and is accurate and up to date, and that you will keep us informed of any changes.
Information we collect about you. When you use the Sites and the Social Media and when you are visiting our Stores we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile phone to the internet, your Palm Beach Boutique Account login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including without limitation to the number of visits, the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the Sites (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number;
- How many times you have been on the Site and in the Stores, and information about your order including the Items you have purchased and details you inputted when placing your order including your name, email address delivery address and telephone number (this will be linked to the email address you use when you place an order or your Palm Beach Boutique Account where you have registered a Palm Beach Boutique Account with us).
- Further information on the technology we use to collect some of this information is available on our Cookies Policy.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive the information set out in points one and two when you use the Third Party Platforms. We work closely with other third parties that process your payments for Items, business partners (including without limitation third parties that provide promotions and prizes on the Sites, in or for our Stores, and/or on Social Media and Sites), warehouse and customer service operators and in technical, advertising market research and promotions management functions, analytics providers, search information providers and credit reference agencies) software service providers and we may receive information about you from them.
USE MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us for example to process your Order, to enter you into a prize draw, competition or other promotion (where requested) or to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. This may require disclosure to third parties for example card processing agencies, banks, shipping providers and carriers, fraud protection agencies and suppliers of gifts and prizes for our competitions, prize draws and other promotions;
- To interact with you using the Social Media. Features such as the “like”, “retweet”, “repost” and “share” on the Social Media may allow us to enable integration and/or access to your accounts on the Social Media. Please note we do not control Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr or Youtube (“Social Media Sites”), your profile/account on the Social Media Sites, we do not modify your account or your privacy settings on the Social Media Sites and we do not establish rules about how your personal information will be used when you use the Social Media Sites. You and the relevant provider of the Social Media Sites will be in control of those issues and not us. You are encouraged to read all policies and information on the applicable Social Media Sites to learn more about how they handle your information before using the Social Media Sites and any features on the Social Media Sites;
- To provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about and to notify you of our offers and promotions, by telephone, email, SMS and post. You can unsubscribe from our mailing list by writing to our Customer Care team at palmbeachboutique.com or Customer Care.
- To allow our carefully selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services that may interest you;
- To notify you about changes to the Sites, your Order, our terms and conditions and our service;
- To ensure that content from on the Sites is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or other device.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- To administer and operate the Sites, Stores and the Social Media and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- To process, fulfil and keep a record of Orders placed, and your purchases and returns;
- To tailor our service to you and to ensure that we can process your Order in the most efficient manner for you, and to overall improve your experience on the Sites and in the Stores;
- To promote and advertise Palm Beach Boutique and its goods and services, and its promotional activity (see below for further details);
- To improve the Sites, Stores and Social Media to ensure that content and the Stores are presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and other devices;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- As part of our efforts to keep the Site and Stores safe and secure;
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the US Companies Act 2006.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you for example our carriers that deliver Items to you, our card and payment processing companies that process your payments for Items and suppliers of items and prizes for our promotions and other carefully selected third parties whom we consider may be of interest to you.
- Market research and promotions management agencies to help improve the Sites and Social Media, and the services we offer to you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of the Sites and the Social Media.
In all circumstances we work closely with these third parties to ensure your privacy is respected and protected.
We may also disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Palm Beach Boutique or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.